13 May 2006

Asian Festival Of Speed

The Asian Festival of Speed is a series of races that are raced on the circuits in Sepang, Beijing, Bira (Thailand), Sentul (Indonesia), Zuhai (China), Taichung (Taiwan) and Macau. The series covers the following types of races, Asian Touring Car Championship, Formula Asia V6 by Renault, Carrera Cup and Formula BMW Asia. The race at Sepang was to be held on 14 May. I took the opportunity to go over to Sepang to see the practice and qualifying sessions and at the same time test my zoom len.

It took me some time to reach Sepang, since becauseI have never been there since racing events were held there (I rather sit in front of my TV to enjoy the race). I managed to go to the Grand Stand area since it was the practice and qualifying sessions where no entrance fee was required and the same time the Grand Stand was nearly deserted with only a few people there.

With my zoom len I managed to snap a few shots of the Renault and BMW cars.



The rest of the photos are at my photo blog.

No comments: