29 September 2007

A day at Pavilion KL

While browsing through the Flickr album of Soo HK, I happened to see some photos of models on the runway of a fashion show at Pavilion. I asked Soo whether there will be any more fashion show at Pavilion. He mentioned that the even will be still be on for this weekend. I told him that I wanted to go for a photo shoot of the fashion show at this new shopping mall which just opened on 20 September 2007. He said that he would be there too to practice shooting with his new Canon 40D camera. That's great and it would be the first time that we will be meeting face to face after being virtual friends for the past 2 years.

Pavilion is the newest mall to be opened in the city and it is located where the former Bukit Bintang Girl School was located. The school has since been moved to Shamelin area to allow the building of this massive project. The fashion show was the attraction to lure visitors to this new mall.




My children came along with me to Pavilion. They were strolling around the mall while I waited for the fashion show events to start and to shoot the models on the runway. I managed to meet up with Soo and he was not alone too, his wife from Bangkok was with him too. We had our chat and it was great to met up with him.

Lunch time, my children and I went down to the Level 1 where are many restaurants but there are still many undergoing renovation. We finally ended up at aIchiban Boshi. This restaurant has the longest sushi conveyor belt in the city. The sushi was fresh and terrific but cost a bit more than Genki Sushi. We were all full after having 14 plates of sushi and a bowl of ramen.

Here are some photos of the sushi:





After shooting 4 session of fashion shows (G2000, Focus Point, MNG and Topshop), I ran out of storage. I finished 2 CF cars totaling 3GB because I shot all in RAW format. We decided to make a move home and I got a surprise. The parking fee from 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. cost me RM11-50... very expensive lor!!!

See the photos of the fashion show at my Flickr Album.

No comments: