25 December 2006

Adventure in India - Part 2

Continuing my story on my journey to Chennai.

17 December 2006

Reached Chennai taking the 10 hours train ride from Coimbatorne. At 6.30 a.m. in the morning, the Central Station is busy as ever. People getting on and of the train. Outside he station, tuks were waiting to ferry the people back to their home. We managed to get on board a mini bus which ferried us back to our hotels (One team at the Mariot while I was staying at the Taj Coromandel).

The busy Central Railway Station of Chennai

In the afternoon, one of the girls SMS me to take a trip to T.Nagar where they are going there for shopping before their journey home on the night flight.

I took a tuk to T.Nagar where I found out that the place was like our Petaling Street of Kuala Lumpur. There were selling mainly clothing and Indian ornaments. I am not too keen in getting anything there, I just wanted to see how the place looks like. In the end I bought a Tamil Nadu guide book which cost Rupees 160-00 which I will be using to plan my trip the next time I am there.

The tuks of Chennai running wild on the streets

18 December - 20 December 2006

I have to extend my stay in Chennai while the rest of the team from Malaysia and Singapore flew back on 17 December 2006. I spent much of time time in the office in Chennai and was only back in my hotel in the evening. Nothing much to do anyway. I felt homesick after being away from home for 1 week and not seeing my family.

I packed all my things and got ready for my journey home on the night flight from Chennai at 10.25 p.m. Since the flight from Chennai to KL will take 3 hours and 15 minutes and the time difference is 2 1/2 hours, I reached KLIA at 4.40 a.m.

By the time I checked out of the airport and board my taxi, I was home at 6.00 a.m. in the morning

21 December 2006

Woke up at 9.30 a.m. and prepared myself to get back to my office in Malaysia because I have to meet up with my new staff. My eyes were still sleepy but I have to get to the office.

No comments: