01 December 2006

Finally I got my dream lens

I have dreamed to have the Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6g IF-ED AF-S DX VR lens for my camera for a long time. I have seen the lens in action in magazines and also photos that were shot by Flowsnow (my friend TT). I also found out that my friend Lye Hock has also recently bought the lens. Well today my dreams finally came true. I am pleased to announce that I am a proud owner of the lens!!! Here the events that lead me in getting the lens:

Today was the first day of the PC Fair which held at KL Conventions Centre. I was there just making my rounds. I did not have any intentions to get any stuff except for some storage medias like thumb drives or CF cards. The exhibitors were busy distributing their brochures but I kept declining to take any from them because I know that I will throw the brochures away later on.

I finally reach the last section of the exhibition hall where this time around the organisers have dedicated a section just for digital cameras. I was browsing to some of the booths and stopped at the Pentax booth where I wanted to feel a Pentax DSLR on my hands. Not my tasting because I could not hold the camera well due to the poor design of the hand grip of the camera.

I moved on to the Nikon booth where there were D50, D80 D70s and D200 and other compact cameras being displayed. I saw a unit of D200 which was mounted with a Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6g IF-ED AF-S DX VR lens. I asked the sale personnel there whether the lens was on sale. They said the lens is available for for. I asked for the price and was quoted at a price which was higher that the price that Lye Hock had paid for. I knew that the lens was well sought after and it was very hard to get the lens since all camera shops that I have visited since that they would have to place an order for the lens and would have to wait for at least 1 month before stock arrives.

Here I am standing at the booth where they have in stock 3 units of the same lens for sale. I thought if I do not get the lens, I would have to scout around for the lens and may not be able to get it on the spot. At the same time, this is the lens that I have always wanted. Finally, I made up my mind... BUY IT!!!

So here is the picture of the lens mounted on my camera which was taken my old faithful Nikon Coolpix 885. and the bottom are 2 shot taken with the new lens without the use of the flash gun.


My son's artwork shot with the new Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6g IF-ED AF-S DX VR lens


Here's another shot which show how sharp the lens is

No comments: