01 June 2007

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight


Linkin Park released their latest album Minutes To Midnight after a lapse of almost 4 years. The album before this release was Meteoria which was released in 2003. I managed to get hold of the album which was released in Malaysia on 14 May 2007 (I was in Shanghai on that date but could not find the album being sold there).

The first single from the album is What I've Done which has been playing over the radio and the video was shown over the music channels. The album for the first time featured the photo of all the members of the band. The album was produced by Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin. Rick is a very famous producer who have worked with many rock bands such as Red Hot Chili Pepper , Shakira, Justin Timberlake, Dixie Chicks and Metallica, just to name a few.

On the first time listening to this album, it sounded a bit different as compared with their previous albums. Chester Bennington, the lead singer, explained that the album is a mix of punk, classic rock and hi-hop beats. And for the fist time, Mike Shinoda sang lead vocal for a full
length track of the song In Between rather rapping as he usually does.

I have been listening to the album this afternoon and have not really got the hang of the songs yet (except for What I've Done). I will make my comments on the songs later on.

What I've Done - Video

No comments: