30 May 2007

Back home

I came back to KL from Shanghai last Saturday (26 May). Touched down at KLIA earlier because there was a tail wind which enable the plane to fly faster. Checking out of the airport, I took an airport taxi and reached home about 10.00 p.m.

Once I stepped into the house, I felt like Santa Claus. Why? Because I was unloading all the "stuff" that I have bought from Shanghai. The "stuff" include food stuff (preserved fruits, cookie and drinks) and DVDs. I managed to bring back over 100 DVDs which were mainly from the box sets of my daughters' and my favorite TV series like Heroes Season 1, Project Runway Season 1-3, Prison Break Season 1 and 2 and Nip/Tuck Seasons 1 to 4. I was lucky enough that the Customs Officer was not able to detect the DVDs or else it would be confiscated.

After a good night sleep, my wife and I went over to see the widow of the late Lim Chee Keong to convey our condolences and at the same time check out how we can help her during this mourning stage. She lives quite near my house which is about 10 minutes drive. We could feel her sadness in the demise of her husband and the depression that she is going through.

On Monday, I was back to my office and back to my Malaysian work routine.

Well it's good to be back home!!

No comments: