10 May 2007

Mind Your Language 6

The Shanghai Composite Index has been shooting higher and higher for the past 2 months. Yesterday (9 May), it broke the psychological barrier of 4,000 points to close at 4,013.09. I was interested to know how the index was doing today. I decided to take a visit to the Stock Exchange building which is very near to my office in Shanghai.

I was amazed, the Index went up again by another 40 points for the morning session. By the time I came back to my hotel, the news said that the Index was up by another 0.9% to 4,049.70. That make it the 4th straight record breaking day for the stock exchange.

While walking back to my office, I noticed the signs that were written at the car park entrance of the stock exchange building .
The sign read "ENTER WITH CARDS. CARDS CANTBE LENT"

The sign read "NO PARKING TO THE OUTSIDE'

No comments: