06 May 2007

At Shanghai

The flight from KLIA to Shanghai was on board an Airbus A330. This is the first time I have taken a Business class seat on this plane.... I was disappointed. Why? Because the seats were lousy as compared with the seat of the Business class of a Boeing 777. The seats in a 777 is electrically operated where it can be reclined from a sitting, eating and bed positions. In the A330, the only function the seat can do is just a slight recline and a lift from the leg rest.

The plane took off as scheduled at 1.40 a.m. Only one meal was served.. supper. OK, I ordered the supper which was 4 sticks of satay, chicken breast and a cheese cake desert. By the time I finish my meal it was already about 2.30 a.m. After a shut eye, I fell asleep and was awaken at about 5.30 a.m. by the pilot's announcement that we are approaching Pudong Airport and was about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. The plane landed and I was picked by the by the airport bus which transport me to the airport terminal.

After going through the immigration and baggage pick-up, I went out of the arrival hall looking for my taxi pick-up. I was surprised to see that the same taxi driver who picked me up at the airport in my previous trip to Shanghai was already waiting for me.

I reached the hotel about 8.30 a.m. but was unable to check into the hotel because the check-in time is 10.00 a.m. To kill time, I went over to a cafe across the hotel to have breakfast.

I have asked for the same room that I stayed during my last visit but it was not available. I wanted the same room because I was able to get a free wi-fi access. The staff were able to get a room a floor above my previous room and luckily the wi-fi access is still available.

Without finishing my unpacking, I plunged into the bed and fell asleep until I woke up at 2.00 p.m.

Thus time around, the weather in Shanghai was perfect. No more cold weather. It was sunny with cool breeze. The temperature was a cooling 24 degree celsius. Let hope that the temperature stay perfect in this way for the duration of my stay in Shanghai.

More stories to come.

No comments: