03 June 2008

After 1,500 km I am back home

Continuing my adventure in Kota Bahru. After the shower and a a rest.. I meant a real rest I ventured out again. The time was about evening almost 5.00 p.m. I decided to take a trip to PCB to see what are the happenings there. I was in for a surprise again.. no parking space. The beach was filled with people from everywhere, there were may cars with registration plates from KL and Penang. I managed to park away from the beach and took a stroll to see what are the activities that were going on.

People were flying kites, taking their bath at the beach, picnics and most of all there were many people are the stalls next to the beach. The stores were selling fried things like, fish balls, crab stick prawns and crabs. All dipped into a flour mixture and then deep fried.

Time to set off back to KB. While driving back I saw the sign "Zakini Nasi Kukus" (Zakini Steamed Rice). This was the place that I had I steam rice and curry the last time I was in KB. The store was originally located at the stadium and it has since shifted. I decided to have my dinner there. The food remained unchanged with the steamed rice and ayam perchik. Nothing much was left at the food counter and the food was cold. I took a piece of ayam perchik, ayam goreng and two pieces of pineapple. Plus a can of soft drink, it cost me RM10.60, rather expensive and the taste was not as good as the last time I had it at the stadium.

I decided to go back to the hotel and knock off early since I will have a long journey for me to travel from KB to Jeli crossing over to Gerik.

The next morning, I woke up at 7.00 a.m. and got ready to check out. I took off from KB and headed along highway number 8 towards Machang. From Machang junction I turned to Tanah Merah where I intended to have breakfast and to fill up my tank. I stopped at a road side stall where I had my favourite Nasi Dagang. Filled up my tank and I was on my way along hightway number 4 heading towards Jeli. Jeli is located right smack in the middle of Kelantan.
From Jeli I moved on to Gerik where I stopped at the Pulau Banding jetty to snap some photo of the bridges that crossed the man made lakes.

My journey was to travel to Gerik to Lenggong, but I saw the sign of the place Baling. Baling is the famous town where the peace treaty was signed between the then Prime Minister with the Communist Part of Malaya. I then decided to change my routing to follow the communist journey.

Reaching Baling was a dissapointment. Nothing much there except some rolls of shops. I then decided to travel to Kulim where I would join the North South Highway at Butterworth. The drive from Baling was long and reaching Kulim, I managed to join Buterworth via the Kulim Butterworth highway where it joined to the North South Highway. From there, I was thinking to take a trip to Penang Island but on second thought I changed my mind because I would want to drive home.

From Butterworth I drove to Ipoh where I had lunch at McDonald's and then did some shopping at Ipoh city before I drove off back home. I called home to say that I will be back at 6.00 p.m. for dinner.

I finally reach home at 6.00 p.m. as promised and back to my familiar and wonderful bed.

The whole journey for the past 3 days and 2 night took me around the Peninsular of Malaysia crossing the states of Pahang, Trengganu, Kelantan, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Perak and Selangor. The whole trip was about 1,550 km from my trip meter reading. A hectic and enjoyable one. Now I am thinking whether I want to travel toward south to cover the states there.

Here is a map of my journey. The routes I have taken is in red.

No comments: