16 April 2006

New lens for the D70s

The D70s come with a telephoto lens of 18mm to 70mm.. man the lens is heavy 320 g to be exact. I remember when I have my last SLR which was a Minolta XGM way back in the late 70s, SLR come with standard 50mm lens.

I have studied and consulted my "siu fu" to get a 50mm lens. He showed me his 50mm Nikon lens f1.8, I told myself to get one too since it is relatively cheap less than RM400.


I have hunting for the lens everywhere from Sungai Wang to Mid-Valley, no shop carries the lens. It seem that the lens is very popular and very low in stock.

Finally, I got one today at a shop at Bukit Bintang Plaza (Foto Edar). Paid for it, fitted it on my D70s, wow what a world of difference.. the whole camera was so light. The lens only weights 155 grams as oppose to the 18mm-70mm lens of 320 grams. That's half the weight.

I will definitely use both lens because the 50mm would be light to carry around and would be good in places of low light since it's a f1.8 lens. The telephoto lens will come in handy when I go on sight seeing trips.

The next items that I get for my camera would be the flash and a remote control.. but these items can still be hold on.
The light weight 50mm f1.8 lens 155 grams as oppose to the......
The 18mm-70mm lens that come with the D70s.. 322grams

2 comments:

Lye Hock said...

finally you got it. congrats! there'll be more stuff to purchase very soon...

Chan Kok Kuen said...

You are giving the scare, need to more money again??