If you would also have noticed, the Business Software Alliance has been providing rewards toto informerss to blow the whistle on those who use pirates software and have also worked closely with the Government Agencies to rid the use of pirated software. How many times have they launched such campaigns? I think such campaigns are held all year round but still the pirates are there..Whyy? Because it's people like me who can "enjoy" the use of the software (applications or games) for a "minimal price"
As you know, our good friend Mr Bill Gates is the richest man on earth. However, I heard over the radio about how rich he is and will be. If my memories does not fail me, it was mentioned that they have a "death clock" for Mr Gates and he is expected to live until the age of about 73. Base on the way he accumulate and compound his wealth, he would be a trillionairee by the time he kick the bucket. At that time basing on the whole world's population, his wealth can be distributed to everyone at about US$4-20 each!
I started t o gather information on how rich is our Mr Gates and here are some information gathered from "Bills Gates Personal Wealth Clock" and "Bills Gates Net Worth Page" .
- Based on the closing price of Microsoft shares on 25 April 2006 which is US$27.11, he wealth is US $64.519557 billion.
- Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around US$300 per second. Which means that if, on his way into the office, should he see or drop a $1000 bill on the ground, it's just not worth his time to bend over and pick it up. He would make more just heading off to work.
- On March 13, 1986, the day Microsoft went public, according to Microsoft's Public Relations Department, Bill owned 11,142,000 shares of MSFT stock. At MSFT's IPO price of $21 per share Bill's initial fortune was worth US$233,982,000 or US$233.98 Million. Adjusted for splits, if Bill had not sold any stock since then, he would have 3,208,896,000 shares. Those shares would be worth US$89,849,088,000.00 or US$89.85 Billion today.
- When will Bill become a TRILLIONAIRE? (By the US definition: $1,000,000,000,000.) If he can maintain the current 26.69% annual rate of growth, he will achieve trillionaire-hood in 15.20 Years, on Jul 9, 2021. And, just for laughs, what about a Quadrillionaire? At the same continuous growth rate, he will achieve Quadrillionaire-hood in 44.40 Years, on Aug 15, 2052.
- According to the US Census Bureau, the population of the World on 25 April 2006 was: 6,511,892,342 (That's 6.51 Billion). This means that Mr Gatesl could give US$4.20 to every person on the entire planet! And he'd still have US$31,935,419 left over for incidentals.
- According to the Microsoft Fast Facts web page, on September 30, 2005, Microsoft had 63,564 employees. Though many of them are already millionaires, Bill could afford to give each of them US$430,776.59.
- If you had 27,381,883,256 one dollar bills, and laid them end to end, you would have a line of bills that runs 2,653,480.7 miles.
- If you took 27,381,883,256 one dollar bills, and could actually balance them in a stack, that stack would be 9,793,234.3 feet or 1,854 miles high.
- The stack of 27,381,883,256 one dollar bills would weigh 60,312,518.1 pounds or 27,940.6 tons.
Dream on for all of us, we can never get a wealth like his. But we can still DREAM!!!