01 January 2007

Great start for a new year 2007

I started my new year 2007 with a BANG. I really mean a bang as I was shooting the fireworks display at KLCC.

Actually, my plan was to shoot the firework displays around the city from a hilltop called "Little Genting". I started my journey there at about 8.45 p.m. hoping to get a good spot to place my tripod and camera. Nearing the place, there was a traffic jam, I thought to myself that the crowd must be arriving at the hill to view the fireworks display too. However, I was surprised. There was police block at the foot of the hill. The lady police asked my where I am going. I said that I am going up to the hill to shoot the fireworks display. She said that I cannot proceed and I am to make a U-turn. I was very disappointed for not being able to go up the hill.

I decided to take my chance to go to KLCC to shoot the firework display. I did not want to go to Bukit Bintang area because I know that the place will be packed with people who will be spraying the colour webs. I parked my car near the French Embassy and proceed by foot to the KLCC park. There were many people there waiting to see the fireworks.

I set up my camera and tripod aiming at the fireworks target area which is just behind the twin towers. Ten minutes before 12.00 midnight, there were sound of firework explosion from the Bukit Bintang area. I could not see the fireworks because it was blocked off by the ExxonMobil building.

When the clock strike 12, the firework display at KLCC started. I set my camera to be shutter released by my remote control. As the fireworks shoot up, I was just clicking away the remote control. In the end I ended up with more than 150 shoots. The fireworks shot up high and loud and at time there were showers of sand and paper from the left over of the fireworks that were shot up. The display lasted just 10 minutes.

So that's how my explosive 2007 started.

The firework display shots are as the slide shows below. There are a total of 72 shots divided into two sets of 36 picture. Take your time to enjoy it.

Note:
It would be easier if you click on the "View Slide Show" tab to launch a new browser window to see the full slide show. Or you can see the photos at my photoblog www.caesda.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi KK!

Finally I've got a chance to view your blog. Have to say that you've got a great blog with loads of interesting and amazing photographs. You are indeed a professional photographer cum banker :) Good job, man!

Cheers,
Sally Ng @ JaCSaL

Chan Kok Kuen said...

Thanks Sally for your comments. Do come back and visit my blog.