- Joined my new organisation on 4 December 2006.
- Went to Chennai on 13 December 2006
- Celebrated New Year at the KLCC park on 31 December 2007
- Started a new year at work while the kids went back to school on 3 January 2007
- Started a 5 weeks course on the new banking systems of my new organisation on 8 January 2007
So far everything is going on fine but looking forwards to the coming days I will have to get myself ready, I mean financially ready because the Chine New Year is coming!!!
It is the time where:
- The kids need need cloths and shoes for Chinese New Year.
- Need to buy all the festival stuff like cookies and soft drinks.
- Make extra monetary contribution to my parents
- Prepare enough funds for the "hong pow" that I need to give out to my wife, kids, nieces and whoever deserves one.
- This year will be a bit special because we got my wife's uncle and family who will be arriving from Bangkok to spend the new year with us
Looking at the about list, it will easily cost be a bundle to get through the festive season. However, unlike other years with my previous organisation, I was paid a year end bonus of 2 months' salary. Since I have tendered by resignation, the bonus was not due to me. I do not think that I will be getting any additional funds (apart from my salary) from my new organisation. So now, I am scratching my head where to get the funds from to support the above usage for the festive season. Looks like I will have to dig into my reserve funds (which is not much... that's the truth).
Let's just hope that I would get a windfall. who knows from where to ease my financial situation.