- It is the interchange for the busiest Metro Line 1 and Line 2.
- It is where the most of the shopping area are located apart from the other stores that are located at Nanjing Road.
- Located not far from People's Square are two big exhibition and cultural halls. There are events happening through out the year.
- The Shanghai Museum is located there.
- There is actually a park in People's Square.
What surprises me today is that not only that the crowd is located on the ground but there are alot more people located underground. There is big shopping mall underground. This the place where you can get all the latest fashions, ladies accessories, shoes and whatever you can wear outside and inside there.
At the park, I saw many elderly people crowding around. I went over there and I was caught by surprise by what was the event was about. It was a gathering of elderly people who were on the looking her their lost friends, relative or children. The people there will display who there are looking for by providing information such as date of birth, height, weight and a brief story of the person that they are looking for. Most of them will place the description of who they are looking for in front of them siting down and hoping that the person that they are looking for would also be walking around the park.
In search for lost love ones, these people will sit at the park's bench placing a notice of who they are looking for and hoping that the person would turn up.
At the park outside the Shanghai Museum, there were many people strolling around enjoying the weather with their children. There are many couples there too, some of them are very bold. These couples would hug each other passionately and at time you may catch them kissing too. Yeah right in front of everyone , broad daylight!!
More photos are available at my Picasa Web Album or my Flickr Album.