11 July 2006

Service Recognition Award


One of the good things that my organisation has over the rest of other organisations of the same line is that they recognise loyalty of its staff. That's why there are some many people who still stayed on with the organisation from the time they join it till they retire. One of these many staff is me!!

Today, my organisation organised the annual service recognition award for staff at the Head Office. All staff who have served 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and even 35 years are awarded with a token of appreciation by the organisation. Just imagine for today, we have a total of 190 recipients which consist of 3 person for 35 years, 4 person for 30 years, 68 persons for 25 years which include me and the balance are for 20 and 15 years of service.

The front and back of the gold coin

Today I was proud to receive my 25 years recognition award which in the form of a gold coin. Not any ordinary gold coin but a gold coin which was commissioned by my organisation to be mint by Singapore Mint. The gold coin is 99.99% and weight 31.18 grams which is exactly one once.

(I have also the same gold coin which was presented to me to recognise my 20 years of service with the bank. The coin weighed 3/4 oz.)

With the price of gold at its high... gold price closed at RM73.90 per gram today at Kuala Lumpur. The gold coin that I received today is worth RM2,304.20 (31.18 grams).

But the gold coin will not be sold... ehhhh for the moment. It will be kept in my safe deposit box together with the gold coin that I received 5 years ago. I will have to wait for another 5 years to receive the next gold coin which is about 3 oz and by the time I retire, I would receive another gold coin of 5 oz. So if I am able to accumulate all the coins, the total weight will be 9.75 oz which at today's gold price would worth RM20,425.96 (276.4 grams). WOW... I am dreaming with my eyes open!!!

No comments: