10 July 2006

Strap on your safety belt, please!!

It's been some time since I log into this blog. I have nothing much to write about. Weekends has been plain sitting and lazing around the house. I could leave my blog being empty for such a long time.

Today I want to mention something that has been pissing me off when I am on the road. The road safety campaign paid much attention to motorcycle riders and their pillion riders to wear a safety helmet. But wearing the helmet is only one part of the story, the helmet needs to be strap on well to prevent the helmet from flying out in case of an accident.

Okay, that's for the riders. What piss me off are there are many drivers who do not put on their safety belt. Similar to motorcycle riders where wear helmet is compulsory, drivers of cars are also required to strap on the safety belt. But sad to say, I noticed at least more than 40% of the drivers I see on the road does not strap on their safety belt. Why???

I think it's the attitude of the city folks who just want to rush off when they turn on their car key. Much t say, the police that were stationed on the road were did not notice that the drivers did not strap on their safety belt.

To me putting on the safety belt is second to nature when I put my butt on the drivers seat (it's like that you need to pull down your underwear when you wanna to pee in the toilet, unless if you are not wearing one!!). My car comes with a warning light and sound when the safety belt is not strapped on when the car is in motion after about 2 minutes, strapping on the safety belt will kill off the alarm.

I still remember when Government made it compulsory to wear a safety belt when driving (that is more than 30 years ago), an alert system can be installed in the car where an alarm will sound when the engine is turned on to the driver to put on the safety belt.

So much to today, at least I let off some steam on the attitude of people who does not wear a safety belt. So buckle up and be safe on the road.

No comments: