08 October 2005

Sony Expo 2005

The Sony Expo 2005 was held at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from 8 to 9 October 2005. I went over to the expo after work today. The expo features Sony products that will be introduced in the coming months and the newly launched Bravia, LCD TV series.

As usual there was also bargain and special items up for sale. Guess what??? I bought some things from there.

The first was the LCD monitor. I have always been impressed by the clarity of the LCD monitors when I visit Sony Wings, I told myself to get one to replace the 15" CRT monitor in my room. At the expo, there was the LCD of 17" under model SDM-H75 series going for RM1,199 where the normal price was RM1,499 a savings of RM300-00. Couldn't resist the offer I got myself a black (it also comes in silver) LCD monitor.



The 17 inches LCD Monitor at my computer table

Then my son has always been asking for a Sony Network Walkman to play songs for his listening pleasure. My daughter, Carrie has bought one unit at Sony Wings in July and was enjoying it since then. The price of Network Walkman has dropped because they are coming out with a newer model which looks like a bean. I bought the NW-E505 Network Player gold in colour which looks like a thumbdrive with 512MB capacity. The cost RM599-00 which earlier cost RM799. The dealers there also gave a necklace headphone and some discount vouchers.


The Sony Network Walkman

3 comments:

Lye Hock said...

Wow! Cool stuff....save some $$ for a DSLR! :)

Chan Kok Kuen said...

To save the $$$ DSLR is still a long way to go. I am still not sure to get it. I am comparing the DSLR as if I am buying a camcorder. You might say that it s two different items, but the usage and the pricing is rather similar to me.

SooHK said...

Ipod has just release their latest modal. One which is smaller than the current one and it plays video also..The screen size is 2.5 inch. If you intend to buy an MP3 check it out and if you have friends in Jakarta, buy it there its cheaper.