18 November 2006

Back to the Gym

The results from my recent blood test was not so good. The doctor called me in to his office to discuss on the results. Well, the usual, the glucose level and cholesterol level is on the high side i.e. higher than the recommended level.

Well I was not too surprise because my blood glucose level and cholesterol is higher than the recommended levels. Luckily for now I need not resort to medication to lower the levels.

The only way to maintain and lower the levels is t exercise. Exercise which I have stopped for the past 2 years. I was a member of Fitness First 2 years ago. However, due some other financial commitments, I terminated the membership 2 years ago. I have always wanted to go back to the gym but there were no driving forces to push me back.

However, the recent test awoke me to commit myself to regular exercise at the gym. Since it was Friday, I have had the chance to stop by the Fitness First centre at Cheras Leisure Mall to sign myself up to the centre.

I decided to take up a passport membership which cost RM40 more than the residential membership because I can be at the centre at Leisure Mall and there's one centre very near to my new work place (actually it's just the next building where I can easily walk there). Paid my fees and got my bag of goodies and I went back home.

This morning, I woke up early to go to the gym where it open at 7.00 a.m. Started with the trend mill and the bicycle and then work out on some of the weight equipment. Done some stretching before I hit the drink bar for a hot drink. After that I had a hot shower and I really felt fresh and "healthier".

Now I am waiting the body aches to set in since I have not been exercise this vigorously. But I will definitely be back to the gym next morning ignoring the body aches which I think will come in the next morning I wake up.

No comments: