05 November 2006

Meeting session with Mr Midnight

There's a craze in town where the children love to read the horror "Mr Midnight" series. The series of 32 books were written by James Lee (Aitchinson) of Singapore. He is also the author of The Seriously Funny Anti Stress Book and Sarong Party Girl.
Mr James Lee was at the Popular Book Store at Leisure Mall and my son has informed me that he wanted to meet up with the author. He already has 5 of the Mr Midnight books. As usual he will pester me to bring him early to the mall citing the reason that I would not be able to get a parking space if I reach there late (well he was right). We reached Cheras Leisure Mall at about 12.30 p.m. but the appearance of Mr James Lee was scheduled at 2.00 to 4.00 p.m., so off we go on a window shopping spree.

By the time we reached back to Popular Book Store at 1.45 p.m., there was already a long queue at the desk designated for Mr James Lee. He has arrived early and had started to autograph the books that were presented to him. His books were selling at a 20% discount from the normal price of RM9.90 and Darren bought another 2 books of the series. He then waited in queue for his turn to meet up with the author. While waiting in the queue, there were many freebies being given to children who had waited patiently for their turn. Darren had asked me to bring along my camera for a few photos of him with the author and had instructed me post the meeting of him with the author in my blog. Well, here are the photos of the session with the author.

Click here for some information on the author and his series of books.








No comments: