The Great To Work Institute announced that the best place to work in the
Google, a seven year old internet communications and technology company based in
So why is Google so great? It could be:
- The food - they have eleven (11) gourmet restaurants on their
campus. Mountain View
- The special and unique benefits that include opportunities, to learn, grow, travel and wildly zany fun during week-day.
- The more thoughtful offering provided to Googlers such as a USD500 take out meal fund for new parents, opportunities to ask the founder their vision for the future of the company in a significant community service.
Yet, it is really no one of the above items but the combination of all the above.
- Some of the quick facts about Google are:
- It has 5,063
- Voluntary turnover is a mere 2.6%
- Number of job applicants = 472,771
Some of the perks and benefits that the staff enjoyed are:
- Up to USD8,000 in year for tuition reimbursement
- On-site perks include medical and dental facilities, oil change and bike repair, valet park washers and dryers, and free breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis at 11 gourmet restaurants
- Unlimited sick leave
- 27 days of paid time off after one year of employment
- Global Education Leave program enables employees to take a leave absence to purse further education for up to 5 years and USD150,000 in reimbursement
- Free shuttles equipped with Wi-Fi from locations around the Bay Area to headquarter offices
- Classes on a variety of subjects from estate planning and home purchasing to foreign language lessons in French, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin.
To read more about why is Google so great and feel jealous about it, click on to this link.