04 March 2007

The end of the fifteen days celebration

Today marks the 15th day of the first lunar month of the Chinese New Year calendar of the year of the Pig. It was not so long ago that I posted my Chinese New Year greeting to my readers and fifteen days have past since then.

It was back to work for me on Monday (the 9th day), most of us are back in office and back to the real world of work.

Yesterday, (3 March) the company had its annual dinner at Sunway Grand Ballroom. It was a real big turn out by more than 1,500 people. This is the first annual dinner that I have attended with my new company. Comparing it the dinner celebration with my previous company, this dinner has its difference. The theme of the dinner was "Oscar Night" and the invitation card states that the dress code of according to the theme. However, the ladies out dressed the guys. Most of the ladies were in their lovely evening gown which really made the occasion very near to the theme. The guys were not in the suit or tuxedo, so came in jeans and long sleeve shirts. What about me?? Well I was in by tuxedo and my bow tie dressed according to the theme. I do not have the photos now because I did not bring along my camera but I will post some photos later on when I get my hands on it from my colleague.

The show of the night was from actors from the Instant Cafe Theatre Company where there was a cross dressed "guy" being the MC of the SCOAW night highlighting nominees for the Malaysian film awards. The cast managed to provide a good laugh especially the cross dressed MC. However, there were "scenes" touching on politics and religion which think should not be mentioned in such an event. Luckily, most of us took those "sensitive" scenes as a joke. One of the actor on the show as the famous Patrick Teoh.

As usual, at the end of the dinner, I always ended up empty handed not winning anything from the lucky draws (there were a total of 250 prizes offered). However, the most disappointing thing is that there was no door gifts give to as a remembrance of the joyous occasion.

Now that the festival season is over and the annual dinner is over, it work and work all the way till October for the next festival celebration for Hari Raya Puasa.

No comments: